Tuesday, October 23, 2012

School

Since I've fallen way behind on my blogging...I haven't mentioned anything about school yet!  After much angst and deliberation, we finally decided to send Brody off to school for kindergarten...with the caveat that we'll homeschool probably by next year.  So far, he enjoys his classmates and his favorite part is recess and snack...I'm glad we're paying private school tuition for that! :)  His teacher had nothing but wonderful things to say about him at my first parent/teacher conference as a parent...don't even get me started on how weird that felt!  All in all...kindergarten is a success!

Taryn has started our beloved preschool program at home with me, and we are having a BLAST!!  Seriously...this kid cracks me up daily!!  She is not super interested in the experiments or focusing on the details of any of the Bible stories (see video below), but she can already read 3 letter phonetic words and has better handwriting than I do...ok, that's not saying much!  I am a little concerned that she will be challenging her older brother in the language arts department...not sure how to handle that...

It's all going by so fast, and while I am grateful for the alone time with Taryn (it has done wonders for her behavior!) I am really looking forward to homeschooling both of them next year.  I guess I'll have to start a 3rd blog  "Homeschooling for Dummies"!



Investigating Ice

Lion Mask

First Day of Kindergarten

Drawing a picture of Apples and Asparagus (it looks like she's writing the words, huh!)

Animal Addition

Brody's Apple Day Celebration

Fire Station Field Trip

Brody's Class...too cute!!

Every boy's dream come true!!!

No comments: