Monday, February 25, 2013

Busting Some Mutton

It's been an exciting weekend for us!  First there was the snow.  Then came Rodeo Break which, for all you non-Tucsonans, is that wonderful time of year when all the school kids in Tucson get 2 days off to watch the rodeo and rodeo parade!  For most families it's the perfect time to make the short drive to Disneyland...
...for us, it's time to visit G.P. at the rodeo...I mean, La Fiesta de los Vaqueros!  
This year Brody got to "Mutton Bust".  My normally favorite part of the rodeo was a good 30 minutes of nervous energy for me, but Mr. Hollywood was eating up the attention.  I think having a 95 lb. dog that he regularly "busts" made the sheep look like a fluffy carnival ride!

Look at that handsome cowboy!!

He was all smiles the whole time!

Whose that 5 yr. old that looks like he belongs with the 6 yr. olds?

Waving to his fans...

...and to G.P.

Seriously!!  Handsome, handsome cowboy!!

And an even handsomer city-slicker!!
My dad (G.P.) is the big cowboy in the black hat in the arena, and my mom (Mimi) is out of the shot filming from up in the judges stand above.  Mr. Hollywood is waving to his paparazzi!

It was short, but sweet!  We decided it will be easier to hold on when we're 6 because our arms will be longer.  The real question is...will Taryn join the 4 yr. old group next year?!?  I think not! :)

No comments: