Sunday, June 29, 2014

Post Modern Education and Why I Homeschool My Kids...

Well...we've officially finished our first year of homeschooling and I finally have time to step back and take a breath!  Blogging, of course, has been out of the question...as has laundry, ironing, taking pictures, having coffee with friends...pretty much anything other than school in the morning,



kid-centered sports/activities in the afternoon,





dinner and bed!  I've also had to put on hold my promise to write a post explaining why and how I got swept into homeschooling in the first place.



Now that I've had a month off, I've not only been able to write that post, but I've actually started a whole new blog just devoted to our latest homeschooling pursuits.  I'm still in the process of attaching all my lesson plans (for other people crazy enough to try this homeschool thing) and I doubt that I will do much blogging during the school year (especially as I will be attempting kinder AND 2nd grade!), but I thought it might be nice to have a place to flesh out my thoughts about the process whenever I have the chance.  So if you're crazy enough to care about homeschooling and post-modern education, feel free to click the link to our new venture....Doulos Academy!



Doulos Academy: Post Modern Education and Why I Homeschool My Kids...:      There are many reasons I never put in/pulled my kid out of school.  Safety, peer influences, genetic inability to sit at a desk for lon...

No comments: